YBIM™‘s current and future-state analysis will help enterprises with building a transformation plan to bridge the gap between the current and future state.
YBIM™‘s Transformation plan establishes the guidelines necessary for building the proposed BI structures and related technologies.
YBIM™'s transformation plan includes:
- High-level perspective, with detail being added to the plan as you progress forward.
- Actionable steps, i.e., establish governance and processes, set the conceptual, logical, and physical architecture, establish the infrastructure outline, develop information delivery projects, and incorporate information needs.
- Information needs of users, how users want to receive and consume the information.
- Plan to account for the capacity, performance, data quality, data security, metadata control, data retention policies, etc.
- Criteria and plan for test data selection, capacity planning, scalability of the BI solutions, high-level testing plans and overview of unit, integration, performance, and user testing.
- High-level process issues, such as refresh rates, capacity plan, backup, recovery, archive, workflow, and security.
- Iterations testing before rollout.
- Consideration for BI implementation time frame, prioritization of individual BI projects, and resource availability.
YBIM ™ SUB LINKS
- Scope: Driven by Business Objectives
- Guidelines: Dos and Don’ts
- 'As-is' state Analysis
- 'To-be' state Analysis
- Transformation Roadmap
- BI Framework
- Implementation Approach
- Essential Components
- BI Platforms and Tools Selection